The Scholarships are awarded in memory of Ted Lawrence, a 2001 graduate of Clarion Area High School.
Three scholarships will be awarded to seniors in a Clarion County high school who plan to attend a post-secondary institution or technical school in the fall.
Relatives of Post and Auxiliary 2145 members are also eligible to apply.
The first place winner will receive $1,000.00, the second place winner will receive $600.00, and the third place winner will receive $400.00.
* Must be a senior at a school in Clarion County, cyber schooled or homeschooled in a Clarion County School
District, or related to a member of Spc Ross A McGinnis VFW Post or Auxiliary 2145.
* Must show proof of acceptance to a post-secondary institution or technical school (Monetary award will be held until the notification of acceptance is received).
* Must have an immediate relative who is a veteran (this includes; parents, step-parents, grandparents, and siblings).
* Must complete an essay 500 to 600 words. Essays will be judged and scored based on the following criteria:
- Relevant content
- Personal Style
- Developed ideas and detail
- Spelling and grammar
The scholarship will be presented at the annual Awards Ceremony on March 26th 2022 at Spc. Ross A. McGinnis VFW Post 2145, Inc. in Clarion, Pa.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.